Senior Project Manager
Peak Engineering & Construction Ltd. is currently seeking resumes from qualified individuals to fill the position of Senior Project Manager.
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
- Engineering Technologist diploma or Engineering Degree
- Experienced in MSWord, Excel, Microsoft Project
- Self-motivated, team oriented and a good communication skills
- Results oriented, conscientious and organized with attention to detail
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Multi-tasking with ability to take initiative and meet deadlines
- Eagerness to learn
- Adhere to company policies & procedures
- Maintain professional relationships with owners, architects, consultants, subcontractors & the public
- Liaise with Building Authorities and regulatory agencies
- Daily communications with Site Supervisor regarding subs, contracts, schedule etc.
- Conduct regular site meetings with Owner and Consultants
- Understand & enforce prime contract and subcontract responsibilities
- Utilize company’s project management system to complete all project administration: cost control, progress draws, purchase orders, subcontracts etc.
- In conjunction with Site Supervisor to coordinate/schedule all work and update schedule using MS Project
- Log, review and process all shop drawings and requests for information
- Assess cost & schedule impact of all contemplated change orders with Site Supervisor
- Work with accounting department to ensure project accounting is accurate & timely
- Review projected margins
- Issue progress applications and review/approve subcontractor applications for payment
- Address subcontractor back charges related to cost issues including schedule delays
- Follow up and ensure payments are received as per the contract documents
- Coordinate all deficiency work with Site Supervisor/subcontractors/Peak forces
- Complete all facets of project close-out, including archiving documents, prepare ‘as-build” drawings as required, maintenance and warranty manuals, deficiencies and warranty work and obtain Owner sign-off
- Participating in tenders by preparing estimates, requesting quotes from subtrades etc.
Peak enjoys an excellent reputation in the building industry and has a significant number of repeat clients in both the building and water/wastewater sectors. It is therefore paramount that Project Managers and Estimators understand the responsibility and the importance of turning over a high quality finished product to our clients.