Design / Build
The owner would retain a consultant to prepare a scope of work for the project or the owner prepares his own scope of work. Invited design/ build firms would submit proposals to complete the work from design to construction completion.
- Single source of responsibility.
- The owner should retain a consultant to assist in reviewing the proposals.
- Depending on the submission criteria of the scope of work, an honorarium may be necessary to cover a portion of the proposal costs in order to attract interest by design/builders.
- It will require a very thorough review to compare the submitted proposals to assess which is preferred.
- Cost is not the only factor since each design will be unique.